Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Capturing Screen Activity Is this Possible?

1. Dec 15, 2009 #1
    Hi guys and gals,

I am looking for some free software that would allow me to capture what I am doing on my screen in a video format. Much like a screenshot captures a still shot of a particular screen, I would like to take a video.

I have no budget for this so I was hoping it there was something free out there.
    I am running Windows XP, so it would need to be compatible.

Any ideas? All suggestions are welcome :smile:

Thanks,
    Casey

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2009 #2
  4. Dec 15, 2009 #3
    Awesome! Thanks Greg. I actually just downloaded a 30-day trial of Camtasia from CNET.com. And it seems to do the job. But I will definitely check out Free-Screen since it most likely gives you a perpetual license. I can see so many opportunities to 'wow' people (sales people mostly;) ) with a presentation that incorporates stuff like this!

5. Dec 15, 2009 #4
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  6. Dec 15, 2009 #5
    I've used an app called CamStudio quite a lot:
    http://camstudio.org/

It's free and has the ability to record to flash as well as the usual video formats. Also able to record sound - so you can capture app audio or your own commentary.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook