1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Catapult project junior year high school

1. Oct 26, 2012 #1
    Hi, I have to do a high school project in physics regarding to build a catapult. The catapult must launch a tennis ball 12 meters from the launch line into the trash can. My friends and I are confused on what materials to use in this project and how to exactly make it so it can fit the requirements of this project :confused: ? What exactly is the most important factor in this project to let this catapult launch 12 meters away? Can you help me?:cry:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 26, 2012 #2

drizzle

Gold Member

Have you tried google Archer? There are lots of sites that can help you with this.

4. Oct 26, 2012 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What is the project problem statement exactly? What lattitude do you have in chosing the mechanism? How big can your launcher be? (If it can be 12m long, the problem gets easier...)

What research have you done so far? As Gad suggests, Google is your friend. And as a hint, Google Images is an even bigger friend early in a project like this.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook