Change in Entropy of Boiling Water to Steam

  • Thread starter Thread starter ihearyourecho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Change Entropy
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
ihearyourecho
Messages
61
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Find the change in entropy when 2.00 kg of water at 100 degrees C is boiled away to steam at 100 degrees C. Give your answer in kJ/K

Homework Equations


deltaS=Q/T
Q=m*Lvaporization


The Attempt at a Solution


Q=m*Lvaporization
Q=2 kg * 22.6*10^5 J/kg
Q = 4.52x10^6 J

I'm not not sure how to find T though since it's at 100 degrees and going to 100 degrees...

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
There's a good deal of views on here, does no one know how to do this? ;)
 
T is given. All you have to do is put it in the correct scale. The denominator in [itex]\Delta Q/T[/itex] is the absolute temperature at which the heat flows into the water.

AM
 
Oh, I thought I had to do something more complicated with the T. Thanks!