Changing proxy server for WiFi in Amazon Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick

Wrichik Basu
Insights Author
Gold Member
2022 Award
One of my relatives has an Amazon Echo Dot and a Fire TV Stick. Both are connected to the same WiFi.

Recently, their internet provider changed the proxy settings such that the default proxy no longer works. They have provided a set of proxies that can be used instead. We have manually set those proxies in our laptop/mobiles, and they work fine.

However, we have been unable to configure the proxy for the two Amazon devices. I searched Google, and for the Echo Dot, went to manual setup, but under advanced settings, there were options for IP, Subnet Mask, DNS 1 and DNS 2. No proxy. In the Fire TV stick as well, we could not find a way to configure the proxy server.

I also found that it is not possible to set proxy server in any router. (They have a TP-Link router.)

Are these simple settings really unavailable on these high-end devices? Or are we missing it?

N.B.: The proxy servers are provided as x.y.z.w, where w has four values. One port is given too.

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

pbuk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
ISPs in most of the world haven't forced us through proxy servers for about 25 years so I'm not sure you will get much help here I'm afraid.

• Sad
Likes Wrichik Basu
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Wrichik: Seems like you may want to try Stack Overflow or Super User?

Wrichik Basu
Insights Author
Gold Member
2022 Award
Wrichik: Seems like you may want to try Stack Overflow or Super User?
Definitely not SO because the question is not suited to SO. But SU, let's see.

Suggested for: Changing proxy server for WiFi in Amazon Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies