• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Chapman University: Taking General Physics I Without Ever Having Taken Calculus

• Schools
  • Thread starter iamMele
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Is it doable to take a calculus-based Physics class without ever having taken Calculus? I am currently registered in the class and it has been a week and half. Some of the stuff is completely new to me and I want to see if others have done the same. I need to take General Physics I & II for Physical Therapy school and that is why I got the teacher to bypass the pre-req of Calculus. I have only taken Pre-Calculus and that was 2 years ago.

Thanks.

Answers and Replies

Is it doable to take a calculus-based Physics class without ever having taken Calculus? I am currently registered in the class and it has been a week and half. Some of the stuff is completely new to me and I want to see if others have done the same. I need to take General Physics I & II for Physical Therapy school and that is why I got the teacher to bypass the pre-req of Calculus. I have only taken Pre-Calculus and that was 2 years ago.

Thanks.
No, not if it's calculus based physics, which is usually a class for Physics/P.chem/Chem. Eng./etc. majors only. IMO, you are in the wrong class. Physical Therapy shouldn't be any more than Physics for non-majors (not calc based). Get the heck out of there before it's too late, lol!