1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Chapman University: Taking General Physics I Without Ever Having Taken Calculus

1. Sep 6, 2012 #1
    Is it doable to take a calculus-based Physics class without ever having taken Calculus? I am currently registered in the class and it has been a week and half. Some of the stuff is completely new to me and I want to see if others have done the same. I need to take General Physics I & II for Physical Therapy school and that is why I got the teacher to bypass the pre-req of Calculus. I have only taken Pre-Calculus and that was 2 years ago.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 6, 2012 #2
    No, not if it's calculus based physics, which is usually a class for Physics/P.chem/Chem. Eng./etc. majors only. IMO, you are in the wrong class. Physical Therapy shouldn't be any more than Physics for non-majors (not calc based). Get the heck out of there before it's too late, lol!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook