1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemical Engineering vs Nanotechnology Engineering/ Nanoengineering?

1. Nov 17, 2011 #1
    Help me decide, by suggesting differences and weighing pros and cons of each undergraduate program. I'm in frantic need of help here, and all replies would be appreciated :P

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 17, 2011 #2
    what do you want to do with your degree?

chemical is pretty adaptable, and you can still do research / work in nano. . . even in grad school. tbh, ive never even seen a school offer an undergrad degree in nano.

4. Dec 21, 2011 #3
    Understand Nano technology

Nanoparticles are particles that have one dimension that is 100 nanometers or less in size.The properties of many conventional materials change when formed from nanoparticles. This is typically because nanoparticles have a greater surface area per weight than larger particles; this causes them to be more reactive to certain other molecules.

Nanoparticles are used, or being evaluated for use, in many fields. The list below introduces many of the uses under development. You can use the links in each paragraph to go to a detailed explanation.

5. Apr 7, 2012 #4
    I believe you can work in nanotechnology with a degree in Chemical Engineering. It's a diverse field. I'm similarly looking to get a degree in Chemical, but work more in the Energy related field.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook