1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemical/nuclear engineering double major

1. Apr 11, 2009 #1
    Im going to try to transfer into uc berkeley, and they offer a double major in chemical and nuclear engineering. Does anyone have any idea of how the workload for the double major compares to just taking chemical?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2009 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Nuclear engineering programs tend to be pretty rigorous, but it's doable. I've seen NE/EE double majors.

4. Apr 11, 2009 #3
    It depends on the school. I know at my school, NEs have a grand total of 3 classes to take as electives, all of which must be 3000+ level technical courses. You'd almost be doing two entire bachelor degrees if you wanted to double major in NE.

5. Apr 11, 2009 #4
    So I'm guessing a lot of the coursework don't overlap, huh?

Would a Chem E and Nuclear E be more compatible? I only ask this because I do know that Mech E and Aerospace E are similar in many aspects, differing only in the upper division courses.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook