Choosing a 24V power supply for two 15A DC motors from 240VAC mains

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
MHassaan
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

I need a suitable power supply that runs off 240VAC (a regular mains socket found at home) to power two DC motors in parallel.

The motors are each rated at 24V, and have a full load current rating of 15A.
I've performed a search, but the power supplies I've found are either too large or too small in terms of specifications.

What type would be best? A transformer? An inverter? A switching power supply? Are there any out there that are suitable for this configuration, or should I change it?

I am a complete beginner when it comes to electricals so please go easy on me... ;)
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
i'd suggest a 24 volt battery charger.