Chrysler 200 2011 Voltage Problems

• Thread starter BabyFaceNelson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Voltage
In summary, voltage problems in the Chrysler 200 2011 can be caused by issues with the battery, alternator, wiring, or electrical components. Signs of voltage problems include dimming headlights, difficulty starting the car, a dead battery, flickering dashboard lights, or issues with the car's electronics. It is not recommended to try to fix these problems yourself and the cost of repair can vary depending on the issue. To prevent voltage problems, it is important to regularly maintain your vehicle and avoid using aftermarket electronics or accessories.
BabyFaceNelson
TL;DR Summary
Car running at 18v after replacing the alternator. What should be checked next without having to pay $200 for a diagnostic?
My car burnt out my battery and alternator so I replaced the alternator and now the stereo system is dead when the car is turned on and the alternator is running at 18volts

Engineering news on Phys.org
The voltage regulator should prevent that. Check it out.

Some voltage regulators are internal to the alternator.

Likes BabyFaceNelson
The voltage regulator is in the PCM

1. What are common signs of voltage problems in a 2011 Chrysler 200?

Some common signs of voltage problems in a 2011 Chrysler 200 include flickering or dimming headlights, difficulty starting the car, and issues with the electrical components such as the radio or power windows.

2. How can I test the voltage in my 2011 Chrysler 200?

To test the voltage in your 2011 Chrysler 200, you can use a multimeter to measure the voltage at the battery terminals. You can also check the voltage at the alternator and other electrical components to determine if there is a problem with the charging system.

3. What could be causing voltage problems in my 2011 Chrysler 200?

There are several potential causes of voltage problems in a 2011 Chrysler 200. Some common issues include a faulty alternator, a weak battery, corroded or loose battery connections, or a faulty voltage regulator.

4. Can I fix voltage problems in my 2011 Chrysler 200 myself?

It is possible to fix some voltage problems in a 2011 Chrysler 200 yourself, depending on the cause of the issue. For example, if the problem is a weak battery, you may be able to replace it yourself. However, more complex issues such as a faulty alternator may require professional assistance.

5. How can I prevent voltage problems in my 2011 Chrysler 200?

To prevent voltage problems in your 2011 Chrysler 200, it is important to regularly maintain your vehicle's charging system. This includes checking the battery and alternator regularly, keeping the battery connections clean and tight, and addressing any issues as soon as they arise.