Circulation of a Mag field around a wire, what is the angle?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Sara Kennedy
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Circulation of a magnetic field = closed loop integral ∫c B ⋅dl = μ0I

B is mag field strength, dl is small line element, I is current

Im imagining both B and dl point in the same direction from the diagram. So the dot product here, I picture as cosθ = cos0

Is that correct way to think? This is not a homework question, I'm reading amperes law theory.
 
Attachments
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 10.04.27.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 10.04.27.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 503
Physics news on Phys.org
Sara Kennedy said:
Im imagining both B and dl point in the same direction from the diagram. So the dot product here, I picture as cosθ = cos0

Is that correct way to think?
Yes.