Civil Engineering Vs Architecture?

On the other hand, architects are more focused on the aesthetic and functional design of buildings. While they may not have the technical knowledge and expertise of civil engineers in terms of structural mechanics, they are licensed to design and oversee the construction of houses. So, in summary, while civil engineers may be more involved in large scale construction projects, architects have the ability to design and manage the construction of houses, although they may not have the same level of technical skills and knowledge as engineers.
Pagey
I have read quite a few sources about the differences between them but i'm, still in a dilema.

Which subject is more related to house building and structure, i know civil engineer goes way beyond houses, to huge structures etc. But can one still do a degree in architecture and be licensed to do the actual mechanics behind the structures of houses

I know the questions are abit vague, but as is my knowledge on the matter.

Physics news on Phys.org
I've been told (by an architect) you don't need an engineer to build a house because it is a very simplistic design.

Civil engineers I have been told deal mostly with roads, drainage (hydrology) and concrete structures. In some areas they're also involved with mining and geological engineering. Thats all I can tell you because that is a lot of what they do over here.

Of course you don't need an engineer to build (most) simple houses - at least our present contractor and most in general do very fine without one, and all of which I know have absolutely zero post-secondary education under their belt.

As mentioned before, civil engineers are brought into work with much bigger projects.

What is the difference between civil engineering and architecture?

Civil engineering and architecture are two closely related fields within the construction industry. The main difference between the two is that civil engineering focuses on the design and construction of infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, and buildings, while architecture focuses on the aesthetic and functional design of buildings.

Do civil engineers and architects work together?

Yes, civil engineers and architects often work together on construction projects. While civil engineers handle the technical aspects of a project, such as calculating loads and designing structural systems, architects focus on the overall design and appearance of the building. Both roles are essential for the successful completion of a project.

Which field has better job prospects, civil engineering or architecture?

Both civil engineering and architecture are in high demand and have excellent job prospects. However, the job market for civil engineers is slightly larger, as there is a constant need for infrastructure projects. On the other hand, the demand for architects may fluctuate depending on the state of the economy and the construction industry.

Can a civil engineer become an architect and vice versa?

While both civil engineering and architecture require a strong understanding of the construction industry, they are two distinct fields with different skill sets. It is possible for a civil engineer to become an architect with additional education and training, and vice versa. However, it may be more challenging to switch fields without the necessary qualifications and experience.

Which field pays better, civil engineering or architecture?

The average salary for civil engineers and architects is similar, with civil engineers earning slightly more on average. However, salaries can vary greatly depending on factors such as experience, location, and industry. Ultimately, the pay for both fields can be quite lucrative, and it is best to choose a career based on your interests and skills rather than salary alone.