1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Classical Classical Electromagnetism by Jerrold Franklin

1. Strongly Recommend

75.0%
  2. Lightly Recommend

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Lightly don't Recommend

25.0%
  4. Strongly don't Recommend

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jan 18, 2013 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2013 #2
    Nothing is Special in this book if you have already done Griffiths. If one completed Griffith then go directly to Jackson. Doing Jackson twice is far better than doing this book.

4. Dec 14, 2013 #3
    Snow-Leopard .... I don't think you're actually talking about Franklin's book... First of all, it presents Classical Electrodynamics in a beautiful way, crystal clear, with (almost) all calculations done for you. It also provides the physical insight so that electrodynamics does not become just a bunch of annoying mathematics. All in all, I think this is THE text on electrodynamics. Don't really understand why you would need Jackson at all, that's an absolutely dreadful book. I honestly think Jackson has absolutely no idea of pedagogy.
    If , for some reason, after Franklin you still want to continue in the field of Classical Electrodynamics, go to this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Elect...063233&sr=8-1&keywords=modern+electrodynamics

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted