Classical mechanics textbook: Taylor or Morin for undergraduates?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 42K views
I would say that Taylor goes way more in depth on the topics but Morin does go into things like Lagrangian mechanics, vibrational modes, and even some introductory general relativity (which is my most favorite subject in all of physics xP).
 
Physics news on Phys.org
WannabeNewton said:
I would say that Taylor goes way more in depth on the topics but Morin does go into things like Lagrangian mechanics, vibrational modes, and even some introductory general relativity (which is my most favorite subject in all of physics xP).

At first I read that as "introductory general relativity" is your most favourite subject in all of physics, and I was about to say if what you are interested in is "introductory", then I really wonder what is "advanced general relativity"!
 
atyy said:
At first I read that as "introductory general relativity" is your most favourite subject in all of physics, and I was about to say if what you are interested in is "introductory", then I really wonder what is "advanced general relativity"!
lmfao I lol'ed pretty hard at that one