1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

CNC acc/dec look ahead algorithm

1. Sep 4, 2016 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I`m having some trouble with an acceleration/deceleration look ahead algorithm I`m trying to implement in a CNC controller written in C#/F#, specifically the algorithms treatment of time.

2. Relevant equations
    The white paper can be found at:
    https://www.researchgate.net/publication/258401146_Look-Ahead_Algorithm_with_Whole_S-Curve_Acceleration_and_Deceleration [Broken]
    Page 2 describes T as the interpolation periods and Ts as the sample period. T1, T5, max acc/dec and max jerk are prespecified so I`m guessing I`m supposed to figure out the duration of the other interpolation periods. If that`s the case, than what does Ts represent exactly?? Duration of the interpolation periods? Duration of the acc/const/dec regions? The paper doesn`t say...

3. The attempt at a solution
    I`ve written out all the equations in f#, I just have no idea what Ts is supposed to be?

Code (Text):

// Number of interpolation periods in acceleration region (Na):
    let calcNa (Vs : double, Vm : double, Ts : double) : double =
    Math.Round(Math.Sqrt(Vm - Vs / (1.0 + K) * J1 * Math.Exp(Ts)) + 1.0)

Thanks,
    Liam

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 8, 2016 #2

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

"Sample period" is the length of time you're sampling?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted