CO2 solubility in H2O at different temperature and pressure

• Thread starter nakamura25
  • Start date
Hi all,

I'm working on a project of carbon dioxide photocatalytic reduction. I need to dissolved as much CO2 as possible in water. Right now, the idea is to build a pressurized vessile (not overly high, probability no more than 3 atm) operates at room temperature. A diagram of CO2 solubility in H2O at different temperature and pressure should be helpful to me. I tried to read some wastewater treatment textbooks and google search, but couldn't find any.

I heard this book contains some uesful data:
Landolt Bornstein (4th volume, 6th ed,) ISBN 3-540-06564-4 Springer Verlag, 1976
Unfortunately I don't have access to this book.

Does anyone have information regarding CO2 solubility in H2O at different temperature and pressure?

I'd really appreciate your help.

Best regards,
Ting

Answers and Replies

Borek
Mentor
I am not saying you will find the information there, but search for International Critical Data Tables. They were published back in thirties or fourties. IIRC rights to the book are owned right now by Knovel, but they are either freely available on their site for browsing, or can be downloaded from their site, or at least they were made available for download at some point in time. Wealth of physicochemical data.