Finding coefficient of kinetic friction on a 30° ramp

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
daliberataaa!
Messages
5
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A box slides down a 30.0 degree ramp with an acceleration of 1.20 m/s^2. Determine the coefficient of kinetic friction between the box and the ramp.


Homework Equations


μk=f sub k/Fn


The Attempt at a Solution



With the information I have, I have no samples in my physics book or anything. I ohnestly don't know where to start.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I would start by drawing a free body diagram.

Edit: Fixed spelling
 
What do I need to get to solve this? Do I need mass? Normal force? what?

k well...i have searched the glossary of my book, searched the internet since 3 pm.
 
Last edited:
Yes there is an analytical solution to the problem. Draw the free body diagram and write out the sum of the forces in both the x and y directions.