Coinage (Invent some new words or phrases)

  • Thread starter Thread starter honestrosewater
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
76 replies · 9K views
honestrosewater said:
My best guess so far is http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:SCT5-s1-EhkJ:www.sal.org.uk/fellows/fellowsarea/archive/obituaries/show.php%3Fid%3D74 . I'm taking a break.
Good work!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
arildno said:
Good work!
What does that mean?! Do you know who it is? This is driving me crazy. :cry:
 
honestrosewater said:
What does that mean?! Do you know who it is? This is driving me crazy. :cry:
I was only trying to be nice.
After all that hard work, you deserved some sort of recognition.
 
arildno said:
I was only trying to be nice.
After all that hard work, you deserved some sort of recognition.
Woo. :wink:


I just found out he taught at King's College. :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
Words which I may have helped to proliferate:

'Swoonworthy' - something which is so woo that it's worthy of swoons
'Transvestomosexual' - those teenage depressed kids who want to be different, but are in fact just the same as everyone else
'Bumsexual' - Something which is not very good
 
brewnog said:
'Bumsexual' - Something which is not very good
Do you really think this will displace excellent terms like ass bandit or butt pirate?
 
arildno said:
Do you really think this will displace excellent terms like ass bandit or butt pirate?

Of course not. It should only stand by them to make them better!

'Ass-hat' is another good one.
 
honestrosewater said:
russ watters' word salad (a meaningless string of words; worse than nonsense) and arildno's gurulity and gurulation have me wondering what other jewels PFers can crank out. Share your inventions.

I think I have you all beat. I've invented an entire language to use in a story I'm working on. Your fictional name would be:

Eamara Gioto Kuskadurotkul

The translation isn't exact, though. There is no word for 'rose,' so the last word literally means "flower water."
 
loseyourname said:
I think I have you all beat. I've invented an entire language to use in a story I'm working on. Your fictional name would be:

Eamara Gioto Kuskadurotkul

The translation isn't exact, though. There is no word for 'rose,' so the last word literally means "flower water."
Does it beat Quenya..:wink:
 
Here's a word I just made up:
teccident (tek-sih-dent) n. an accident that results from someone distracted by technology.

For an example of a teccident waiting to happen, see this thread.
 
cueet, like the outfitters pack I just got. Its pink and purple, making it cute. And it holds a tent{flip flop and its set up} a small table{all rolled up}, a comfy chair, with matching mess kit! Which makes it neet!
cute/neet=cueet! :redface:
 
arildno said:
Does it beat Quenya..:wink:

I never really liked Quenya as much as Sindarin myself.
 
Chillax= chill + relax. its fun to say. go ahead... try it...there you go...
 
witlessism. Something like a witicism, only different.
 
brewnog said:
Of course not. It should only stand by them to make them better!

'Ass-hat' is another good one.
you are forgetting 'ass-master'