College in or near Vancouver, BC

• Schools
  • Thread starter preceptor1919
  • Start date
  • Tags
    College
In summary, a person who is planning to migrate to Canada and wants to study Physics at the University of British Columbia or Simon Fraser University is seeking advice on which college to attend in order to fulfill admission requirements. They mention their previous academic struggles and desire to transfer to a university eventually. Fellow enthusiasts suggest Capilano University and Douglas College, both of which offer transfer programs. The person also inquires about the quality of Douglas College's physics courses and if they can be transferred to either university. They also mention that they will be living in Surrey.
preceptor1919
Hello fellow Physics enthusiasts!

I am new here and I want to start by asking a question. My family is migrating to Canada in May and I want to go to college, I am currently a 3rd year Electronics Engineering here in the Philippines. I thought of applying to the University but it seems that I have a low chance of getting in because of what happened to me earlier in my academic life. I got kicked out of the top university in our country(because of academic delinquency. I am so stupid I know). Now, I am planning on applying for college then transferring to a university eventually. So here is the question:in which college do you think I should go if I want to go to UBC or SFU and take up physics, and how long do I need to study in that college so that I can fulfill the admission requirements of both universities?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Capilano university, douglas college. They offer transfer programs. I'm sure you can look to find all of the colleges and then check out their websites. I hear capilano is great.

I see that Douglas is in burnaby, is it good?what can you say about its physics courses sir?Can they be transferred to the university? It might be best to say that we are planning to live in Surrey

1. What are the top colleges in or near Vancouver, BC?

The top colleges in or near Vancouver, BC are University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University, Langara College, Emily Carr University of Art and Design, and British Columbia Institute of Technology.

2. How is the cost of living for college students in Vancouver, BC?

The cost of living for college students in Vancouver, BC can be quite high. However, it ultimately depends on your lifestyle and personal choices. Rent, transportation, and food are some of the main expenses to consider.

3. Are there any scholarships or financial aid available for international students in Vancouver, BC?

Yes, there are scholarships and financial aid options available for international students in Vancouver, BC. It is recommended to check with individual colleges and universities for specific information and application processes.

4. Is it easy to find part-time jobs while studying in Vancouver, BC?

Yes, it is relatively easy to find part-time jobs while studying in Vancouver, BC. The city has a thriving job market, especially in industries such as hospitality, retail, and customer service, which often offer flexible schedules for students.

5. What are some popular majors or programs offered by colleges in or near Vancouver, BC?

Some popular majors or programs offered by colleges in or near Vancouver, BC include business, computer science, engineering, arts and design, and health sciences. However, there are a wide variety of programs available, so it is best to research individual colleges for specific offerings.