Colleges with good transfer scholarships?

• Schools
  • Thread starter GeoMike
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Scholarships
In summary, the individual has had a successful academic career at their current college and had planned to transfer to the University of Maine in the fall of 2007. However, they have discovered that the university has limited scholarship opportunities for transfer students. The individual is seeking advice on finding schools with strong scholarship programs for transfer and adult students, particularly in engineering and science fields. They also inquire about the swimming times needed to qualify for scholarships and any other information regarding the application process and requirements. They are advised to seek information from forums dedicated to high school or college athletics or swimming.
GeoMike
Over the past two years I have done very well at my current college. I had been planning to transfer to the University of Maine (in-state) in the Fall of 2007, but I am learning now that they have very little scholarship money to offer transfer students (a 1-time $1000 transfer scholarship).

I feel that my academic performance and testing scores make me a good candidate for scholarships, but I'm having trouble finding schools (private or public) that have decent scholarship programs (and decent engineering/science programs) for transfer (and adult) students.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-GeoMike-

Physics news on Phys.org
What swimming times should I be aiming for in order to get a scholarship into a good college or university? For women what are the times that would qualify you to earn scholarships in all of the events for good colleges?? and if anyone knows specifications about applying for swimming scholarships like what qualifications you need and how much training you would put in and what getting a scholarship actually requires you to do when in the college would be good to know too! Or any other information that you know about the matter!

You might have better luck asking about this in a forum that specifically covers high school or college athletics, or even swimming in particular.

1. What are some colleges that offer good transfer scholarships?

Some colleges that are known for offering good transfer scholarships include University of Southern California, Brown University, University of Michigan, Boston University, and University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).

2. What is considered a "good" transfer scholarship?

A "good" transfer scholarship is typically one that covers a significant portion of the cost of attendance, such as tuition, room and board, and other expenses. It may also have additional benefits, such as covering the cost of textbooks or providing a stipend for living expenses.

3. Can international students receive transfer scholarships?

Yes, some colleges offer transfer scholarships specifically for international students. However, these may be limited and highly competitive. It is important for international students to research and apply for scholarships early in their college career.

4. Do community colleges offer transfer scholarships?

Yes, many community colleges have transfer scholarships available for students who plan to transfer to a four-year university. These scholarships often cover a portion of the tuition costs at the transfer university.

5. Are there any specific requirements or criteria for receiving transfer scholarships?

The requirements for transfer scholarships vary by college, but some common criteria include a minimum GPA, a certain number of college credits completed, and involvement in extracurricular activities. It is important for students to research and meet the specific requirements for each scholarship they are interested in applying for.