Color theory:rgb to cmyk detailed mathematical description

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter luxxio
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Color Mathematical
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
luxxio
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
I am looking for a detailed mathematical description of the color theory.
In particular the tranformations from rgb to cmyk.
Who knows where i can find some material?
I googled a little bit but i found only superficial descriptions.
thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think that there is a single correct, cannonical way to do that conversion. There end up being parameters that are tweaked by hand, sometime by the user.

Also, this question should probablyl go in Electrical Engineering.
 
in what i can guess, this is directly linked to linear algebra.
 
Well, I suspect they are a set of linear equations but that's only a very elementary part of "linear algebra".
 
Yeah, clearly the bar has to be a bit higher for calling something "linear algebra," or else the entire engineering subforum would be subsumed into it.

More to the point, this is a signal/image processing question. Signal/image processing is part of electrical engineering. So, putting this thread in electrical engineering should result in the best answers/discussion. Your average reader of the linear algebra subforum probably doesn't know the first thing about color image processing.