• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Common proofs? (studying for an exam)

Homework Statement

I'm currently studying for an exam, but I don't know exactly what could be on it - the specification is very vague. I was just wondering if there were some useful proofs I should know? I've covered things like proving the diffraction grating experiment, centripetal acceleration or snells law and deriving capacitance equations for time constant by integration, so nothing too mathematically complicated. I was wondering if there was anything more you could think of that are nice proofs I should learn for my level (18 year old/a level)? Thank you :)

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor

Homework Statement

I'm currently studying for an exam, but I don't know exactly what could be on it - the specification is very vague. I was just wondering if there were some useful proofs I should know? I've covered things like proving the diffraction grating experiment, centripetal acceleration or snells law and deriving capacitance equations for time constant by integration, so nothing too mathematically complicated. I was wondering if there was anything more you could think of that are nice proofs I should learn for my level (18 year old/a level)? Thank you :)

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Welcome to the PF.

Have you worked with the wave equation and SHM yet? Might you have to derive the period of a pendulum? How would you derive the energy stored in a compressed spring given just Hooke's Law as a starting point? :smile: