1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Common proofs? (studying for an exam)

1. Oct 23, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I'm currently studying for an exam, but I don't know exactly what could be on it - the specification is very vague. I was just wondering if there were some useful proofs I should know? I've covered things like proving the diffraction grating experiment, centripetal acceleration or snells law and deriving capacitance equations for time constant by integration, so nothing too mathematically complicated. I was wondering if there was anything more you could think of that are nice proofs I should learn for my level (18 year old/a level)? Thank you :)

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 23, 2015 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Have you worked with the wave equation and SHM yet? Might you have to derive the period of a pendulum? How would you derive the energy stored in a compressed spring given just Hooke's Law as a starting point? :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted