Communication with past and future?

In summary, the question is whether quantum entanglement can be used to communicate with the future or past. However, there is no evidence to suggest that entangled particles can travel through time and space differently from unentangled particles. Both are limited by the speed of light and cannot send signals back in time. Therefore, using a device that receives and transmits entangled particles would not allow communication with the future or past, nor would it enable instantaneous communication across space.
Noaholter
I have a question about quantum entanglement. If quantum entanglement can cause particles to travel through time and space does that mean we can use them to communicate with the future or past. Say I build a device on Monday that recives and transmits such particles would I be able talk to my self that exists in Tuesday assuming I still had the device, and when it came Tuesday could I talk to my past self on Monday and so on. Also would I be able to communicate across space instantaneously with such a device.

Physics news on Phys.org
There is no connection between what you are asking and quantum entanglement.

Entangled particles travel through time and space the same way unentangled. Neither can exceed the speed of light and neither can send a signal back in time.

1. How is communication with the past and future possible?

Currently, there is no known method of direct communication with the past or future. However, theories such as quantum entanglement and wormholes have been proposed as potential means of communication across time.

2. Can we send messages to our future selves?

As of now, there is no scientifically proven way to send messages to our future selves. Some individuals claim to have achieved this through practices such as meditation and manifestation, but these claims have not been scientifically verified.

3. Is time travel necessary for communication with the past and future?

While time travel is a popular concept in science fiction, it is not currently possible according to our current understanding of physics. Therefore, it is not necessary for communication with the past and future.

4. Are there any ethical concerns with communicating with the past and future?

The idea of communicating with the past and future raises ethical concerns such as altering the course of history or creating paradoxes. These concerns are largely theoretical as there is currently no way to communicate across time.

5. Are there any ongoing research or experiments on communication with the past and future?

While there have been some studies and experiments on potential methods of communication with the past and future, there is currently no significant research being conducted in this area. Most scientists believe that this is currently beyond the realm of possibility and focus their efforts on more feasible areas of study.