Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B FTL communication by Quantum Entanglement

1. Apr 20, 2016 #1
    I recently stumbled across quantum entanglement and thought of an experiment. I know that the laws of physics forbid FTL communication, can anyone tell me what's wrong in my following experiment?

Information, in classical bits, consists of two states, 1 and 0. To my shallow knowledge, when an unobserved quanta is used in the double slit experiment, it produces a wave interference pattern due to its wave-particle duality. In contrast, if an observed quanta which its wave function has collapsed is used in the experiment, it produces a 1 slit pattern.

If we produce a pair of entangled particle and we are to send 1's and 0's through space, we can observe a particle on one end and collapse both of the particle's wave function. Then on the other end we conduct a double slit experiment. The experiment would produce a 1 slit pattern and the other end will know that we interfered the particle (vice versa for wave interference pattern). Thus, information is transmitted instantly. We can create a certain time frame, and in the time frame the other end will conduct double slit experiements at a constant rate. Then we can constantly observe/not observe the particles on our end to transmit 1/0 (or vice versa).

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 20, 2016 #2

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

This question has been asked (too) many times on PF. Please read the threads that appear below under "Similar Discussions."

Thread closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook