B FTL communication by Quantum Entanglement

I recently stumbled across quantum entanglement and thought of an experiment. I know that the laws of physics forbid FTL communication, can anyone tell me what's wrong in my following experiment?

Information, in classical bits, consists of two states, 1 and 0. To my shallow knowledge, when an unobserved quanta is used in the double slit experiment, it produces a wave interference pattern due to its wave-particle duality. In contrast, if an observed quanta which its wave function has collapsed is used in the experiment, it produces a 1 slit pattern.

If we produce a pair of entangled particle and we are to send 1's and 0's through space, we can observe a particle on one end and collapse both of the particle's wave function. Then on the other end we conduct a double slit experiment. The experiment would produce a 1 slit pattern and the other end will know that we interfered the particle (vice versa for wave interference pattern). Thus, information is transmitted instantly. We can create a certain time frame, and in the time frame the other end will conduct double slit experiements at a constant rate. Then we can constantly observe/not observe the particles on our end to transmit 1/0 (or vice versa).

DrClaude

Mentor
This question has been asked (too) many times on PF. Please read the threads that appear below under "Similar Discussions."

Thread closed.