Compare the conductance of an insoluble salt with soluble one

Aurelius120
Homework Statement
Conductances of ##\ce{NaCl}## and ##\ce{BaSO_4}## saturated solutions are ##C_{NaCl}## and ##C_{BaSO_4}##. If ##T## is temperature, which of the following is false?
Relevant Equations
NA
1000015589.jpg

Options (a) and (b) are facts and therefore correct.
Since ionic bonds weaken with temperature, ionic mobilities should increase with temperature.
Also in physics, we learnt that the resistance of every material other than conductors (i.e. semi-conductors, insulators and electrolytes decreases with increase in temperature)
The confusion is between options (c) and (d) and both of them are marked as correct answers across different sources on the web.
Since ##\ce{NaCl}## is a strong electrolyte and completely soluble, it's conductances should but vary negligibly with temperature, therefore (c) maybe incorrect. But it does increase.
Option (d) seems true since ##NaCl## is a stronger electrolytes than ##BaSO_4##. But it is also true that
1000015979.jpg

The molar conductivity (and consequently the conductivity & conductance) of a dilute weak electrolyte are much higher than those of strong electrolyte at any concentration. Also ##\ce{BaSO_4}## will show greater increase in dissociation with rise in temperature and thus the statement cannot be true for all temperatures(then again maybe saturated implies no ppt. to dissociate on heating).
So what is the correct answer to this question? Or this question simply wrong?

Physics news on Phys.org
I would like to confirm (a). Does ionic mobility increase with T ? Does hot water help or prevent ions to go through ?

anuttarasammyak said:
I would like to confirm (a). Does ionic mobility increase with T ? Does hot water help or prevent ions to go through ?
(a) should be correct.
Like I said temperature decreases inter particle forces. Unlike conductors where it increases collisions( to decrease conductance ),it should increase conductance
Otherwise (b) and maybe (c) will be incorrect.