Compute the circulation of F along C

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter Uniman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Circulation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Uniman
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
View attachment 417
Hi,
This is my first post. So if I made any mistakes that is the way I asked the questions, kindly let me know.

The work done so far

Circulation:

C {0,0,1} to {1, pi,1}

C eq: {y=pi*x, z=1}

dr={dx, pi*dx, 0}
F={cos(y/z), -x/z*sin(y/z),xy/z^2*sin(y/z)}

F.dr = -dx [dot product and simplified]

Integral[F.dr]{0 t01} = -1

Am I in right track?
 
Attachments
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-19 at 1.18.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-19 at 1.18.02 PM.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 125
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to MHB, Uniman! For future reference and searches later, I believe you should type out the question using LaTeX. It will make it easier for all of us to read and discuss your approach. :D

Last but not least, this looks like a multivariable calculus question. Perhaps it belongs in the Calculus sub-forum. (Nod)

Adjust your http://www.mathhelpboards.com/f16/compute-downwards-flux-f-2170/ accordingly! ;)
 
Latex? Is it a software available online...Sorry I post these two threads in the wrong section. Am I able to move this thread...
Waiting for the experts to check my answers. By the way this forum looks great...
 
Hi Uniman,

Welcome to MHB! :)

You can read up on Latex here but in short it's a way to output nice looking equations which are difficult to write otherwise.

For example \frac{x^2+3x-2}{\sqrt{2x^2-11}} outputs [math]\frac{x^2+3x-2}{\sqrt{2x^2-11}}[/math]. We have a forum dedicated to Latex which you can find http://www.mathhelpboards.com/f26/.

I am not sure where this thread belongs so I'll ask one of the moderators to move it to a new place if needed. Sorry I can't help you myself but rest assured that you should be getting some help soon.

Jameson