Computing Entanglement Entropy of CFTs in the Large-c Limit

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
5,850
Reaction score
554
Consider the problem of computing the entanglement entropy of two CFTs in the thermofield double state on identical finite intervals in 1+1 dimensions. The Euclidean path integral is then equivalent to computing the 2-point twist correlator on a torus. Given a central charge ##c##, does anyone know of a reference that computes this in the ##c\rightarrow \infty## limit without using holography i.e. without going to the thermal AdS saddle point (I think?) and using Ryu-Takayanagi?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What's the paper that calculates it using Ryu-Takayanagi? I guess they don't check the result by another means?
 
I didn't have one in mind; I'm working on the holographic calculation but wanted to see if the CFT calculation was doable in the infinite central charge limit for a finite interval on a torus since the methods of Cardy et al (http://arxiv.org/pdf/0905.4013v2.pdf) to compute the 2-point twist correlations no longer apply to a torus as far as I can tell.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: atyy