1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Computional Methods Problem with Fortran programming

1. Apr 17, 2009 #1
    Is there anyone familiar with Fortran programming, who can give me some simple ideas or resources how can I strart this project? Many thanks

Data Structures - The Permutation Group
    In this project, the group of permutations on N elements (where N is probably fairly small, perhaps N= 9 or less) is represented as a data structure. The main program employs the USE command to access a module containing the declarations, type definitions, functions and subroutines.
    The module should use operator overloading to make * the multiplication operator between permutations, and ** a permutation taken to some ower. The module should also have a function or subroutine that determines the order of the permutation.

Options
    1. Create a subroutine that inverts a permutation.
    2. Create a subroutine that converts a permutation to cycle notation.
    3. Create a subroutine that determines whether a permutation is even or odd.
    4. Discuss how other algebraic structures could be represented and calculated.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 18, 2009 #2
  4. Mar 30, 2011 #3
    hi kevek.
    did u figure how to start this ? i need your help with this question.
    tq

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook