Comsol Mechanical Thermal Contact

In summary, the conversation is about a thermal mechanical contact problem that the person needs help with. They have provided a model but are encountering errors while computing it. The other person asks for more details and a problem statement with diagrams. The issue seems to be with the mechanical contact, specifically with the middle part. Even fixing it does not solve the problem and the person needs to make it unfixed.
mehdi5165
hi,
can somebody pls help me with the model i have appended to this post?
it is a simple thermal mechanical contact problem but i don't know what is wrong about it and why there is some errors in it after computing.
thanks

Attachments

• test-heat-after-mechanical-contact-Between.zip
    497.9 KB · Views: 207
Engineering news on Phys.org
Will you explain what do you have to do with the model?
Could you provide some diagram or something where you got the problem from?

As far as I can see you're trying to compute a multiphysics problem here. I can see you are trying to create a temperature difference and then there's also a continuous force load on one of the edges and there are three fixed constraints.

Would you explain further or post a problem statement with the corresponding diagrams.

Hi gezibash,
My main problem is about the mechanical contact. it is very problematic on COMSOL.
Here, the middle part has caused the problem. Before adding this part, the contact works (however with a low boundary force).

even fixing the middle part does not solve the problem. (however i need to make it unfixed).thanks

1. What is Comsol Mechanical Thermal Contact?

Comsol Mechanical Thermal Contact is a feature in the Comsol Multiphysics software that allows for the simulation and analysis of contact and heat transfer between two or more solid objects.

2. How does Comsol Mechanical Thermal Contact work?

Comsol Mechanical Thermal Contact uses finite element analysis methods to calculate the contact and heat transfer between objects. It takes into account factors such as material properties, surface roughness, and contact pressure to determine the thermal behavior of the system.

3. What types of simulations can be performed with Comsol Mechanical Thermal Contact?

Comsol Mechanical Thermal Contact can be used for various simulations, such as thermal expansion and deformation of objects in contact, heat transfer between objects in contact, and the effect of surface roughness on heat transfer.

4. Can Comsol Mechanical Thermal Contact be used for both static and dynamic simulations?

Yes, Comsol Mechanical Thermal Contact can be used for both static and dynamic simulations. It can handle both steady-state and transient heat transfer and contact behavior between objects.

5. What are the advantages of using Comsol Mechanical Thermal Contact?

Some advantages of using Comsol Mechanical Thermal Contact include its user-friendly interface, its ability to handle complex geometries and material properties, and its accurate results. It also allows for easy visualization of results and the ability to optimize designs for better thermal performance.