• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Conditions necessary for emission of EMR

• Thread starter desormais
  • Start date

Homework Statement

Sorry if this is the wrong place, I'm new here but I've been given a little paper to write on electromagnetic radiation. Im having trouble finding what the necessary conditions are for the emission of EMR, and kind of don't understand what it's really asking me for.

thanks in advance.

Answers and Replies

PhanthomJay
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member

Homework Statement

Sorry if this is the wrong place, I'm new here but I've been given a little paper to write on electromagnetic radiation. Im having trouble finding what the necessary conditions are for the emission of EMR, and kind of don't understand what it's really asking me for.

thanks in advance.
You need an electromagnetic wave...light, radio waves, microwaves, gamma rays, etc,. and ,in particular , electricity, where the term EMF (electric and magnetic fields) is more commonly used than the term EMR (electromagnetic radiation). Are you being asked to write about EMR and its possible health effects on humans? I'm just guessing, it cause some concern awhile back about causing certain cancers (also cell phone EMR was a concern), none of which has ever been proven, There's probably tons of literature available ..try a Google search.

ok, thanks. I understand the question now.