1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Conditions necessary for emission of EMR

1. Dec 6, 2006 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Sorry if this is the wrong place, I'm new here but I've been given a little paper to write on electromagnetic radiation. Im having trouble finding what the necessary conditions are for the emission of EMR, and kind of don't understand what it's really asking me for.

thanks in advance.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2006 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You need an electromagnetic wave...light, radio waves, microwaves, gamma rays, etc,. and ,in particular , electricity, where the term EMF (electric and magnetic fields) is more commonly used than the term EMR (electromagnetic radiation). Are you being asked to write about EMR and its possible health effects on humans? I'm just guessing, it cause some concern awhile back about causing certain cancers (also cell phone EMR was a concern), none of which has ever been proven, There's probably tons of literature available ..try a Google search.
  4. Dec 7, 2006 #3
    ok, thanks. I understand the question now.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?