Conditions necessary for emission of EMR

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
desormais
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Sorry if this is the wrong place, I'm new here but I've been given a little paper to write on electromagnetic radiation. I am having trouble finding what the necessary conditions are for the emission of EMR, and kind of don't understand what it's really asking me for.

thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
desormais said:

Homework Statement



Sorry if this is the wrong place, I'm new here but I've been given a little paper to write on electromagnetic radiation. I am having trouble finding what the necessary conditions are for the emission of EMR, and kind of don't understand what it's really asking me for.

thanks in advance.
You need an electromagnetic wave...light, radio waves, microwaves, gamma rays, etc,. and ,in particular , electricity, where the term EMF (electric and magnetic fields) is more commonly used than the term EMR (electromagnetic radiation). Are you being asked to write about EMR and its possible health effects on humans? I'm just guessing, it cause some concern awhile back about causing certain cancers (also cell phone EMR was a concern), none of which has ever been proven, There's probably tons of literature available ..try a Google search.