Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Conformal mapping from polygon with circle segments

1. Dec 16, 2014 #1
    I am looking for a conformal map from a "polygon" to eg the upper half plane, which consists of circle segments instead of lines. So for example, it could be a quadrilateral ABCD, but where AB is a circle segment. The closest I can find is the Schwarz-Christoffel mapping.

Anyone has any tips?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 21, 2014 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Dec 27, 2014 #3

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

I don't know about this subject, but I notice that you can find numerous hits by searching for the topic of conformal mapping and "circular arc polygons". (For example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwarzian_derivative mentions circular arc polygons.)

If you find a reference that seems to do what you want and have a specific question about it, there are probably forum members who can explain it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook