Conformal Mapping of Aerofoil at incidence

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
PhysicsIsFun
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know what the conformal mapping of an aerofoil at incidence is?
Does it use the Joukowski transformation? Or something else..

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't remember this for sure but I believe it IS the Joukowski transformation. The trans. uses complex numbers with the circle and all that and conformal relates to a complex trans. and I don't remember studying other uses for it, so I'm probably right but don't shoot me if I'm not. :wink:
 
Hmm thanks guys for the confirmation. I believed it to be:
w=z*exp(-i*alpha)+(exp(i*alpha)*b**2/z)
as it says but my program still doesn't work. It can plot zero incidence fine but then goes crazy and makes weird sausage things when I add incidence... oh well I'll sleep on it maybe