Connecting old TI-89 to computer

In summary, to connect your old TI-89 calculator to your computer, you will need a USB cable and the TI Connect software. This will allow you to transfer files, install new applications, and update the calculator's operating system. The purpose of this connection is to make it easier to manage and organize your calculator's data on a larger screen. You will need to download and install the TI Connect software, as the calculator does not have wireless capabilities.
plmi
I have the "old" TI-89 (no titanium) and it has 2,5 mm plug. Is it possible to connect the calculator to the computer via USB? I have a cable that came with the calculator, but it's connected to the serial port and my computer hasn't that on it. I have an serial-to-usb adaptor, but I haven't managed to get it working.

Computer science news on Phys.org

1. How do I connect my old TI-89 calculator to my computer?

To connect your TI-89 calculator to your computer, you will need a USB cable and a computer with TI Connect software installed. Connect one end of the USB cable to your calculator and the other end to your computer's USB port. Open the TI Connect software and follow the instructions to establish a connection between your calculator and computer.

2. Can I transfer files from my computer to my TI-89 calculator?

Yes, you can transfer files such as programs, notes, and data from your computer to your TI-89 calculator using the TI Connect software. This allows you to easily save and access important information on your calculator.

3. What is the purpose of connecting my old TI-89 to my computer?

Connecting your TI-89 calculator to your computer allows you to transfer files, install new applications, and update the calculator's operating system. It also allows you to view and edit your calculator's data on a larger screen, making it easier to manage and organize.

4. Do I need any special software to connect my TI-89 calculator to my computer?

Yes, you will need to download and install the TI Connect software on your computer. This software is specifically designed for connecting TI calculators to computers and can be downloaded for free from the TI website.

5. Can I use a wireless connection to connect my TI-89 calculator to my computer?

No, the TI-89 calculator does not have wireless capabilities and can only be connected to a computer using a USB cable. Make sure to have a USB cable available to establish a connection between your calculator and computer.