Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators How to put code on MS WORD onto TI-89

Tags:
  1. Feb 7, 2013 #1
    My Thermodynamics teacher gave me a code for various calculators to put into the calculator for Interpolation. I am just wondering how you put this code that is in MS WORD onto my TI-89. I have the TI-Connect software. Here is what is looks like:

This code is for the TI-89:

interpol()
    Prgm
    getMode("Exact/Approx")->oldmode
    setMode("Exact/Approx","APPROXIMATE")
    ClrIO
    DelVar e
    Disp "Where knowns are a,b,c,d,f"
    Disp "This solves for e:"
    Disp " a d"," b e"," c f"
    Disp "Press ENTER to continue"
    Pause
    Prompt a,b,c,d,f
    f-(c-b)*(d-f)/(a-c)->e
    Disp "e is: ",e
    setMode("Exact/Approx",oldmode)
    EndPrgm

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 8, 2013 #2
  4. Feb 8, 2013 #3
    This really didn't help me in the sense that I already have the code...I need to make it in a form where I can simply drag and drop the formula into the TI Connect Device Explorer....just like any other program. How do I convert this text on MS WORD to a "program" that the calculator can use?

5. Feb 10, 2013 #4
    Then you would need to use something like THIS.
    A compiler for a desktop machine and after you are all set and wrote your code - drag & drop, baby :) TI-Connect or install from the CD/DVD you got with the calc :)

6. Feb 10, 2013 #5
    THanks for the response, unfortunately when i try to run it it pops up for a second and dissapears

7. Feb 13, 2013 #6
    There's a README file in the archive and you should read it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook