Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Consumer data is used in elections

1. Oct 27, 2006 #1
    We all know that a lot of consumer data is collected. I personally did not realize that it had gotten this entrenched into the political arena. Until I read a recent article about Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's campaign.

This is a bit of a twisted version of a politician being in touch with his or her constituents.:rolleyes:
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 27, 2006 #2
    suggested further reading: The Soft Cage by Parenti
  4. Oct 27, 2006 #3

Staff: Mentor

I saw a program that mentioned the Republican Party has a database of every registered voter, and the Democrats are hoping to do the same. :rolleyes:

We've been getting unsolicited phone calls regularly - its almost like telemarketing. And the computerized messages are really irritating. No wonder voters get turned off.

Not only are the politicians and parties calling, but pollsters and surveyors too. :grumpy: Why can't they just let people alone and wait like everyone else?

Why does it seem like some people feel they have Freedom to Annoy other people?
  5. Oct 27, 2006 #4
    I hate to use the term but it seems to fit. The whole scenario does sound very orwellian.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?