Converting PDF formats to MS word 2010?

• Thread starter dinary
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pdf
In summary, converting a PDF document to Word can be done by following these steps:1) Open the PDF in Acrobat2) Copy the text to the clipboard3) Open MS Word or any other editor and paste the text4) Adjust the settings if needed5) Press "OK" and press the "save" button
dinary
Hi,guys.
I'm doing my paper with my teacher now,we are trying to convert 1500's of pdf files to word 2010 that has not been labeled correctly so using the built in feature that acrobat has does not allow the tables and colums to convert without going all over the place. Is there anyway to do this?
Hope to get answers as soon as possible.

Physics news on Phys.org
dinary said:
Hi,guys.
I'm doing my paper with my teacher now,we are trying to convert 1500's of pdf files to word 2010 that has not been labeled correctly so using the built in feature that acrobat has does not allow the tables and colums to convert without going all over the place. Is there anyway to do this?
Hope to get answers as soon as possible.

Welcome to the PF.

Sounds like a question for Adobe Customer Support. What did they have to say?

1.Open the PDF file in a reader, for example in standard Adobe Reader.
2.Switch to the text selection tool.
3.Select the desired part of the text and copy it to the clipboard.
4.Run MS Word or any other editor and paste the text into it.
This is the simplest way to work out converting PDF to Word.

use this software called PDFConverter from AnyBizSoft http://www.anypdftools.com/
one thing is for sure, it is hard to do the editting in MSWord 2010. The alignment will be off.

1) Open the PDF which you want to convert in Acrobat.
2) Open the “file” menu in Acrobat and scroll down to “save as.” Choose “Microsoft Word” and then select the required version .
3) Click the “settings” button in the “save as” window, Adjust the settings, if need. Click “OK ”and press the “save” button to convert the PDF to word.
If you don’t install Adobe Reader, you may try to use a PDF to word converter and it can also help you effectly .

1. How do I convert a PDF file to MS Word 2010?

To convert a PDF file to MS Word 2010, you can use an online converter tool or a specialized software. Some popular options include Adobe Acrobat, Smallpdf, and Nitro PDF Converter. These tools allow you to upload your PDF file and convert it to a Word document, which can then be downloaded and opened in MS Word 2010.

2. Can I convert a scanned PDF to MS Word 2010?

Yes, you can convert a scanned PDF to MS Word 2010 using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology. This technology recognizes the text in the scanned document and converts it into an editable format. Many online converter tools and software have OCR capabilities, but the accuracy may vary depending on the quality of the scanned document.

3. Will the formatting be preserved after converting a PDF to MS Word 2010?

Converting a PDF to MS Word 2010 may result in some changes to the formatting, such as font styles, spacing, and images. This is because PDF and Word use different formatting methods. However, most converter tools and software try to preserve the original layout as much as possible. You may need to make some minor adjustments to the formatting after the conversion is complete.

4. How long does it take to convert a PDF to MS Word 2010?

The time it takes to convert a PDF to MS Word 2010 depends on the size and complexity of the PDF file, as well as the speed of your computer and internet connection. Generally, it should only take a few minutes to convert a standard PDF document. However, if you have a large or heavily formatted document, it may take longer.

5. Is it possible to edit the converted Word document?

Yes, the converted Word document is fully editable in MS Word 2010. You can make changes to the text, formatting, and images, just like you would with any other Word document. Keep in mind that some elements, such as tables or graphics, may require additional formatting after the conversion.