1. PF Insights is off to a great start! Fresh and interesting articles on all things science and math. Here: PF Insights

Commercial Software that edits PDF Adobe Acrobat File

1. rhody

rhody 765
    Gold Member

I have a need for software that will convert a .PDF Adobe Acrobat Version 8 file to text that can be imported into MS Word. I do not want a scanning imaging solution, for instance MS Word, Document Imaging. Too many scan errors can result, slowing things down, because of scanning errors that when converted to text, need to be corrected.

Any software package that has been proven to work would be appreciated.

Rhody...

2. jcsd
  3. This is an online solution that looks to be pretty decent.
    http://convertpdftoword.net/

4. rhody

rhody 765
    Gold Member

Kris,

Thanks, have you tried it ?

Rhody...

5. Yeah, I converted a couple PDF to word format and everything, even graphics, converted nicely.

6. It does have weaknesses with converting equations and slide format pdfs though.

7. AlephZero

AlephZero 7,300
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If you aren't bothered about keeping the exact formatting, cut-and-paste should work. Right click in Adobe Reader and choose the "Select Tool", not the defailt hand tool that scrolls the document up and down. Then Ctrl-A Ctrl-C to select all and copy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?