Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Converting the equation to non standard state

1. Nov 5, 2012 #1
    Here's my problem: I know this formula http://carlschroedl.com/chem/ib_extended_essay.pdf (pg 18) is an extended form of Faraday's law of electrolysis which is m= (Q/F)(M/z) where m is the mass liberated in grams, Q is the total electric charge passing through, F is Faraday's constant, M is molar mass of the subtance, z is the valency of the ions. The part of the long equation I don't know is the Q part of Faraday's law. I plan to do experiements at various temperatures and pressures, so I need a formula for the Q part of the equation that has pressure and temperature variables. If it helps I plan to use nickel electrodes with 5 cm x 1 cm dimensions at room temperature. Please help. I'm so utterly confused. Can the rewritten equation be an image please? You don't need to explain the indivual parts of that Q part; I understand that; I just don't know how to add a temperature and pressure variable to it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 6, 2012 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

4. Nov 6, 2012 #3
    fixed

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook