Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cookies expiring early on Firefox 3?

1. Aug 27, 2008 #1

CRGreathouse

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

My login cookies (for sites like, say, physicsforums.com) seem to last only ~5 minutes instead of the usual long duration (1 year, in the case of PF). This started happening exactly when Firefox updated to version 3. This hasn't been a problem with my other computer which has been running FF3 for some time now.

Any thoughts? The cookie editor still lists the proper date on the bbpassword cookies, but I'm not even sure the login will last long enough for me to make this post.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 27, 2008 #2
    See
    Tools > Options > Privacy

4. Aug 27, 2008 #3
    hmmm all sites? My FF3 works fine. Maybe download and reinstall, maybe had a buggy build.

5. Aug 28, 2008 #4

CRGreathouse

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Well I thought it was all sites -- but I just saw that overnight mymathforum.com stayed logged in, while physicsforums.com had once again logged me off. Maybe it's just you? :rolleyes:

6. Aug 28, 2008 #5

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

It looks like another member is having similar problems: see the thread in feedback.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?