Cool E-Wheel Tech range 128 miles at speeds upto 45mph

• Thread starter jedishrfu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cool Range
In summary, these e-wheels are designed for the Veteran rider. They have a battery that can last up to 8 hours, a driving range of up to 170 miles, and are $2850. They are scary to ride, but very impressive.
Physics news on Phys.org
Thing looks scary as hell to me. It's impressive how he handles it.

jedishrfu said:
https://www.ewheels.com/product/new...tery-2500w-motor-1000-deposit/?affiliates=152
Made by former Gotway Engineers, desiring the ultimate high-performance 20″ Wheel for the Veteran Rider in mind
"Veteran Rider"? Who has been riding these things for a while? Have I been living in a cave or something? o0)

Likes phinds
berkeman said:
"Veteran Rider"? Who has been riding these things for a while? Have I been living in a cave or something? o0)
Yeah, I'd never even heard of them.

You sure won't catch me going 45 mph on one of those things. Imagine hitting a bump and face-planting at 45 mph. Turn your face into hamburger.

phyzguy said:
You sure won't catch me going 45 mph on one of those things. Imagine hitting a bump and face-planting at 45 mph. Turn your face into hamburger.
Exactly

Kind of reminds me ofthe Ghost Riders song, maybe because of where you might go riding one of these things at our age and depending on your age:

Stan Jones (songwriter 1948)

Burl Ives 1949:

Marty Robbins

Johnny Cash

Likes hmmm27 and phinds
phinds said:
Yeah, I'd never even heard of them.
I've seen them in London, although slower. I would think I could outrun the ones I've seen over short distances.

I was impressed by how easy the rider got on.

Before that, I was thinking about how unstable it must be initially.

phyzguy said:

Is it really any worse than crashing on a bicycle at 45 MPH? Given the extra height a bicycle might be worse. I think it just looks more exposed, less stable.

In any case, you probably wouldn't actually land on your face. That sounds like something from a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

JT Smith said:
In any case, you probably wouldn't actually land on your face.
I agree. You would most likely end up doing serious, possibly permanent, damage to your hands and/or elbows and/or knees.

berkeman said:
"Veteran Rider"? Who has been riding these things for a while? Have I been living in a cave or something?
They've been around since those cave days.

2_550x550_Front_Color-White.jpg

• Haha
Likes Borg, Swamp Thing, OmCheeto and 3 others
I'm surprised they don't use that, maybe as a logo

berkeman said:
Veteran Rider"? Who has been riding these things for a while? Have I been living in a cave or something?
I think this might be self limiting...veteran rider my be an oxymoron

• Haha
Likes berkeman and phinds
berkeman said:
I saw a guy riding one of these passed my house back around March this year. I think he was going about 50 mph. I can only imagine what might happen with a face plant or interacting with a vehicle. One would have to wear, helmet, gloves, shoulder pads and knee pads.

Having never jumped out of a moving vehicle, I always find it difficult to gauge what something like "45 mph" means outside the concept of a vehicle. So I usually convert it to jumping from a height via the ke & pe equations.

1/2 mv2 = mgh

so h = v2/(2g)

Hence, 45 mph is the speed you will achieve after jumping off of a 6th floor balcony of a building. ( ≈21 meters, or 68 feet, @ 14ft/floor.)

Definitely want to wear a helmet.

OmCheeto said:
Having never jumped out of a moving vehicle, I always find it difficult to gauge what something like "45 mph" means outside the concept of a vehicle.
Well, speaking from personal experience, that's why you wear leathers or ballistic material riding suits (and they generally have built-in pads at hard points like knees, elbows, hips, shoulders). And of course a high-quality helmet.

In addition to limited impact protection, the coefficient of friction between the leathers and the pavement is pretty low (on purpose), so you end up sliding for most crashes. When you high-side, you will fall from a height of a few feet onto the pavement, but when you low-side crash, you basically just fall a few inches and start sliding.

One other safety tip -- when you low-side at 100mph+ and slide gracefully off the track, and you think you've stopped sliding and want to stand up, count to at least 5 first. Do not ask me how I know this... o0)

• Haha
Likes jbriggs444, Lnewqban, OmCheeto and 2 others
berkeman said:
Do not ask me how I know this...
"..., dern't hafta..." +many.

• Wow
Likes berkeman
As I recall, Evil Kenevil seemed to bounce a lot.

1. How does the E-Wheel Tech achieve a range of 128 miles?

The E-Wheel Tech utilizes advanced battery technology, specifically lithium-ion batteries, which have a much higher energy density compared to traditional lead-acid batteries. This allows the E-Wheel Tech to store more energy and travel further distances without needing to recharge.

2. What factors affect the range of the E-Wheel Tech?

The range of the E-Wheel Tech can be affected by a variety of factors, including the weight of the rider, terrain, weather conditions, and speed. Higher speeds and uphill riding will drain the battery more quickly, resulting in a shorter range.

3. How long does it take to fully charge the E-Wheel Tech?

The E-Wheel Tech can be fully charged in approximately 3-4 hours. However, the charging time may vary depending on the state of the battery and the type of charger being used.

4. What is the top speed of the E-Wheel Tech?

The E-Wheel Tech can reach speeds of up to 45mph, making it one of the fastest e-wheels on the market. However, it's important to note that local laws and regulations may limit the maximum speed for electric vehicles on public roads.

5. Is the E-Wheel Tech suitable for all terrains?

The E-Wheel Tech is designed for urban environments and can handle most paved surfaces, including roads, sidewalks, and bike lanes. It may not be suitable for rough or off-road terrain, so it's important to use caution and follow the recommended usage guidelines.

Back