Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Coordinate plane in mathematica

1. Apr 30, 2006 #1
    How can I graph single points on the graph in Mathematica? Or draw whole coordinate plane, with *boxes*, like this one: (and then plot)

[​IMG]

Can't find the informations in the tutorial I'm using presently,
    Thanks,

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 30, 2006 #2

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I found the mathematica documentation on the various Plot functions to have a lot of useful information.

I think it's possible to plot multiple things on the same graph. So, one thing you could do is to plot each of those horizontal and vertical lines with a blue color and small point radius (or maybe you want a small line thickness?). And then on the same drawing object (or whatever it's called), you then plot the thing you actually want to plot.

4. May 1, 2006 #3

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

If you go into the help browser and type in "plot" you will get the info for the plot command. There are probably 30 or so options for plots. I would have to fool around with it because I have not tried it myself. You would definitely have to plot some kind of function, but I think you could adjust the axes limits to exclude the plot.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?