Corrections to the Australian Physics Olympiad Questions and Solutions

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Messages
42,978
Reaction score
10,571
ref: asi.edu.au/programs/past-exams/physics-olympiad-past-exams/
Classification of issues:
[1*] Quibble regarding the solution.
[2*] Clearer problem description suggested.
[3*] Alternative solution should be accepted
[4*] Significant error, likely leading to incorrect marking.
Tally matrix:

Year1*2*3*4*

20193000

20172202

20161120

20152213

20140101

20131001

20120000

20111010

20102011

20091010

Total13668

2019
https://www.asi.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/ASOE_Physics_2019-answers.pdf
Q11 c) [1*]
“If Jackie moves more quickly, the force of Object 1 on Object 2 is larger and can exceed the maximum force due to...

Continue reading...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: JD_PM, jim mcnamara, LCSphysicist and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
@haruspex : have you contacted the folks at asi.edu.au to make them aware of these criticisms, and give them the opportunity (possibly) to respond? If not, I'll do so.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: etotheipi
strangerep said:
@haruspex : have you contacted the folks at asi.edu.au to make them aware of these criticisms, and give them the opportunity (possibly) to respond? If not, I'll do so.
I emailed them last Saturday. No response yet.

Edit: As a result of your question I sent a second email. This time I got an out-office-response and an alternative email address, so I'm trying that.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: etotheipi
Can you help me on solving the post on hw, Hitting the rocket please?
 
MichaelTam said:
Can you help me on solving the post on hw, Hitting the rocket please?
If you want a particular contributor to post on a thread, just make a post there that includes "@username", e.g. @haruspex.