Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cosmology/Fridmann equation exercises around the web?

1. Jul 17, 2011 #1
    Hello, i'm looking for exercises and problems about the Friedmann equation. For example: calculate the redshift, H0, scale factor, temperature, horizons etc given the model of universe. Does anyone know some website, or professors homepages, in wich i could find this stuff?

Thank you :)

Jacopo

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2011 #2

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Jul 18, 2011 #3

bcrowell

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You might find a few useful things here: http://www.lightandmatter.com/html_books/genrel/ch08/ch08.html [Broken]

The OP was asking for exercises, not derivations.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  5. Jul 18, 2011 #4
    Ok ok thank you, the website is interesting (it also gives a good explanation for frw metric etc). I realized is very difficult to find exercises with solutions, my book (Cosmologia e Cosmologie, Bonometto) has only theory, but my professor asks a lot of exercises in the exam. I have 3 or 4 exercises of past exams, but i can't use only theese to reach a good preparation. I will continue to search!

6. Jul 19, 2011 #5
    I think "Liddle" book in cosmology is a good one to start with. What about Steven Weinberg's text book on cosmology. I think it has plenty of exercise in it.

7. Jul 20, 2011 #6
    Thank you for the 2 books, I'm trying to find some informations on the web, like the index, to see if there is a good exercise section.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook