Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Could anyone recommend me a book

1. May 3, 2010 #1
    Hi I'm a first year Physicist at Warwick University and I'm coming up to my end of year exams all of which I am fine with apart from a module called 'Electricity and Magnetism'. Thus I wondered if anyone could recommend me a book which may help me understand the concepts covered in this module, here is a brief outline of the syllabus of the module:

Gauss' law, Capacitors, DC circuits, Kirchoff's Laws, Biot Savart Law, Ampere's Law, Faradays Law, Lenz's Law and AC Circuits.

My tutor recommended the Feynmann Lecture series but having looked at these I found that most of the content was a little advanced for what I was expecting in the exam.

Anyone input would be very much appreciated, thanks, Kamran.

2. jcsd
  3. May 5, 2010 #2
    You might be fine with any normal undergraduate textbook like University Physics by Young&Freedman, Physics by Halliday Resnick and Krane, Physics for Scientists and Engineers by Serway yadayada.

If you want something more advanced, Purcell isn't bad.

4. May 7, 2010 #3
    Ok thank you for your input :)

5. May 7, 2010 #4
    Schaum's outline has many problems along with solutions. It's probably want you want to look at first.

-F

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook