Could anyone recommend me a book

• Thread starter superkam
  • Start date
Hi I'm a first year Physicist at Warwick University and I'm coming up to my end of year exams all of which I am fine with apart from a module called 'Electricity and Magnetism'. Thus I wondered if anyone could recommend me a book which may help me understand the concepts covered in this module, here is a brief outline of the syllabus of the module:

Gauss' law, Capacitors, DC circuits, Kirchoff's Laws, Biot Savart Law, Ampere's Law, Faradays Law, Lenz's Law and AC Circuits.

My tutor recommended the Feynmann Lecture series but having looked at these I found that most of the content was a little advanced for what I was expecting in the exam.

Anyone input would be very much appreciated, thanks, Kamran.

Answers and Replies

You might be fine with any normal undergraduate textbook like University Physics by Young&Freedman, Physics by Halliday Resnick and Krane, Physics for Scientists and Engineers by Serway yadayada.

If you want something more advanced, Purcell isn't bad.

You might be fine with any normal undergraduate textbook like University Physics by Young&Freedman, Physics by Halliday Resnick and Krane, Physics for Scientists and Engineers by Serway yadayada.

If you want something more advanced, Purcell isn't bad.
Ok thank you for your input :)

Schaum's outline has many problems along with solutions. It's probably want you want to look at first.

-F