Could Gravity Be a Reaction to the Early Universe's Events?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Niall Davids
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Gravity
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Niall Davids
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I know nothing about physics really, but I get on kicks that I can't stop wondering about, most of which are nothing short of silly I'm sure. Well here's one that I would love someone's indulgence in a response to:
I am a FIRM believer in equal and opposite, I think no matter what we learn about anything that will be rule #1, or close to it. That being said, I think they say just after the big bang the universe was out of balance where heavier particles attracted others and so on, or that the Higgs boson they are using the LHC to look for that was so heavy it fell apart to create stuff that would attract and so on. Again, I don't know if I'm still making sense, but, by any means if things came apart at the very beginning wouldn't they want to revert to their natural state and come together? Ultimately my main question is, could gravity be the reaction to either the early universe falling apart (being so long ago going towards why gravity is so weak), or to the universal expansion itself? I have read a bit on the idea of gravity "Leaked" out of another dimension, but I don't think so.

Thanks for your time and patience. :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Niall Davids said:
Ultimately my main question is, could gravity be the reaction to either the early universe falling apart (being so long ago going towards why gravity is so weak),

I don't know if gravity is considered a reaction to anything. It's just a force relative to mass, velocity etc.

Niall Davids said:
or to the universal expansion itself?

As the universe expands and adds space between masses, the force of gravity is naturally weakened (which is what I think you're talking about).