Could I finish a Mechanical Engineering Major and EE minor in time?

• Programs
  • Thread starter CaliStudent
  • Start date
How long would a EE minor take?

My future plans are this: Either just get the ME undergraduate degree and do a masters in Systems engineering, or get the ME degree and EE minor and then get a Masters in ME, possible specializing in Dynamics and Controls. I've been looking at systems engineering because from my understanding it provides more breadth, but im not sure if its just a industrial engineering type degree or not, because if it is that's is a turn off for me. I like how the EE minor would give me some side knowledge of electrical systems, thus when I enter grad school, i wouldn't feel "bad" about specializing in an area since I know I have the breadth I guess. But if doing the EE minor would take much longer to complete, I dont think it would be worth it i guess.

Is my thinking right? Or am I being naive?

Any advice is appreciated.

Answers and Replies

my conclusion after I read your plans... go for the ME. because it is the broadest engineering discipline.

Get the ME Degree and EE minor. Systems engineering is exactly what it says. I have a friend with a nuclear engineering degree and hr currently works in the engineering systems department at plant Vogtle. Now that's a nuclear power plant so he is in charge of things like steam generators and waste disposal. Both complicated systems.

I believe you are looking for a mechatronics degree. Look at NC states ms in mechatronics

ok thanks