Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Could some please tell me what these two symbols are

  1. Dec 3, 2014 #1
    could you please look at the pic and tell what these two process diagram symbles are.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 3, 2014 #2
    You should give more context. What discipline (electrical, process/mechanical?) is it? Is there any supporting text or letters associated with those symbols?

    The circle could be pretty much anything, depending on the type of diagram. I've never seen the triangles in that orientation before. Are these repeated patterns along lines or one-off symbols?
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  4. Dec 3, 2014 #3
    These are instrument symbols
  5. Dec 3, 2014 #4
    That isn't helpful. You need to provide more information on what type of system the symbols are used in. The circle could be anything from a wall outlet, to a mechanical coupling, to a pipe turning out of the page (and more). What country is this system used in, I've never seen the triangles used in North America (that's not to say they aren't).
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook