1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courant 's book is appropriate for beginner

1. Aug 4, 2013 #1
    I've read the first 30 pages and it seem to not as hard as other would say for a beginner..at least it's kind of easier than Spivak,the only problem is the epsilon-delta definition which take time to grasp...the only reason I want to finish calculus as fast as possible is to go for more advanced math and especially being able to understand some basic physics...that's why I will take the rest of summer going through(and trying to learn by osmosis:biggrin:) Courant 's book instead of Lang 's book(which is easier but I would still have to read Courant after it) to get where I want faster.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2013 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Is there a question here?

4. Aug 4, 2013 #3
    Yes,is there any advice?

5. Aug 4, 2013 #4

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Advice about what? Your original post is just you making some statement. These things are better suited in your blog. So please post there in the future.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook