CS-MOSFET amplifier: why is hardware gain -40 to -45 instead of -11.3?

  • Thread starter Thread starter pforpashya
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Amplifier
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
pforpashya
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I am studying cs_mosfet amplifier and i have simulate one simple amplifier with VDD=+12v Vs=1v ID=0.5mA gm=1mA/v Vd=6v. I am getting a signal that is amplified by gain -11.3 by calculation and also on simulation but when doing on hardware i am getting gain around -40 to -45
I am using Bs 170 mosfet.

I have tried various combination of capacitors but still gain comes around -40...can anybody suggest me where is the mistake?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
How can you be sure that your real MOSFET Bs170 will indeed have gm = 1m?
Do know how to measure Vgs(th) and how you can find K - factor ?

PS Go advanced ---> Attach Files
 
Last edited:
Can you verify you are using the correct transistor?

Can you verify you are using the correct resistor?

Have you verified the DC operating point?