Consider the current flowing through bulb 1. In each situation, does the current through bulb 1 increase, decrease, or stay the same.
1. All switches are closed, then switch 1 is opened.
2. All switches are closed, then switch 2 is opened.
3. Then switch 1 is also opened.
4. Finally, switch 3 is opened as well.
I = V/R
The Attempt at a Solution
1. Increase - rather than splitting the current between bulbs 1 and 2/3, all of the current can go through 1.
2. stay the same? - this would only increase bulb 6?
3. Increase - similar to 1
4. increase - all the current must go through bulb 1 and 5 now
Last edited by a moderator: