Cutting Wires in a Circuit of Light Bulbs

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 6K views
alfredo24pr
Messages
49
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Attached in picture

Homework Equations



N/A

The Attempt at a Solution



for What will happen if you cut the wire at position B?

I think The light bulb will become dimmer, but not go off. Am I correct?

for What will happen if you cut the wire at position D?

I think The light bulb will go off. (since the bulb was disconnected from the circuit) Am I correct?
 
Attachments
  • Light bulb.jpg
    Light bulb.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 2,171
Physics news on Phys.org
alfredo24pr said:
for What will happen if you cut the wire at position B?

I think The light bulb will become dimmer, but not go off. Am I correct?
The light bulb? Are we talking about the bulb that the hand is pointing to? If so, then you are right.

for What will happen if you cut the wire at position D?

I think The light bulb will go off. (since the bulb was disconnected from the circuit) Am I correct?
Correct.
 
NascentOxygen said:
The light bulb? Are we talking about the bulb that the hand is pointing to? If so, then you are right.


Correct.

Yes. Lightbulb D
 
alfredo24pr said:

Homework Statement



Attached in picture

Homework Equations



N/A

The Attempt at a Solution



for What will happen if you cut the wire at position B?

I think The light bulb will become dimmer, but not go off. Am I correct?

for What will happen if you cut the wire at position D?

I think The light bulb will go off. (since the bulb was disconnected from the circuit) Am I correct?

I would be interested in your reasoning for the globe dimming when the wire is cur at B. You may have just made a lucky guess.